Informing carers in Croydon
At the Carers Information Service, we offer information, advice and support to carers in Croydon.
A carer looks after a friend, family member or neighbour who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age.
We run the Carers Support Centre, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon. Carers are welcome to drop in to our friendly centre Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm. Come and find us at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB.
What we offer carers in Croydon
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm).
- Information and advice via email or over the telephone.
- Carer’s Assessments for carers of an adult resident in Croydon (on behalf of Croydon Council).
- Drop-in Carers Café open on weekday mornings, 10.30am-12.30pm. Carers can pop in for a free hot drink, with access to books, games, Wi-Fi and a laptop. You are also welcome to bring the person you care for with you.
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including the factsheet series How To... A Guide for Carers in Croydon, bringing together everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon.
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin with the latest carer news and events.
- Regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment and mental health.
- Health and wellbeing events to help you look after yourself, including massage, singing and dance.
- Free workshops on practical and self-development topics.
- Free Carers Support Centre membership, with access to local discounts.
- Emergency Carers Cards to give carers peace of mind.
- Special events for carers, including Carers Week.
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre.
Get in touch
The Carers Information Service is based at the Carers Support Centre. You can find the Carers Support Centre in Croydon town centre at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map.
Not able to visit in person? Give us a call on 020 8649 9339, option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.